PT NBE Less Than 20 Hours
6 days agoRequisition ID: 1684
The Restorative Aide assists the Rehabilitation Therapists with rehabilitation related tasks including carrying out maintenance programs designed by the therapists. These programs may include routine exercise, ambulation, transfers, sensory activities and application of simple thermal modalities. The Restorative Therapy Aides assist with routine departmental tasks such as cleaning and restocking equipment as requested. Position is 12 hours weekly.
- Restores, maintains and promotes not only optimal physical function, but optimal wellness and fitness and optimal quality of life as it relates to movement and health.
- Performs necessary vitals and other clinical tasks within the center and community as needed and assigned.
- Maintains documentation of restorative interventions on flowsheets.
- Quickly recognizes situations/problems before they become acute and implements a timely solution.
- Assists the Manager of Rehabilitation Services in supply ordering and inventory control.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and protects ESP operations by keeping information confidential.
- Assists the Manager of Rehabilitation Services in ensuring the operation of medical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions and calling for repairs.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment for peers, participants and community.
- Portrays a professional and positive attitude towards peers, participants and community.
- Participates in department staff meetings ,IDT meetings, and PACE all-staff meetings.
- Exhibits compassion, caring and empathy to individual(s) with physical and emotional difficulties.
- Exhibits willingness to learn communication skills required to be effective with the geriatric population.
- Exhibits willingness to learn and practices good body mechanics.
- Exhibits willingness to learn basic Rehabilitation exercises and how to instruct patients in executing them.
- Ensures continued competence and updated field knowledge by identifying own continuing education needs and communicates those to the Manager of Rehabilitation Services.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers) certification.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with older, frail adult populations; previous Home Care experience is ideal.
- Computer literate, and willingness to learn basic computer skills.
- Shows flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented and able to complete tasks on time.
- General knowledge of the federal, state and PACE regulations, and policies and procedures that mandate and affect community day health care preferred.
- Hands on experience with therapeutic exercises, functional training and physical modalities preferred.
- Have the drive to continually learn and grow preferred.
Effective 1/04/2022, all new employees at Harbor Health must be 14 days past their final COVID vaccination in order to begin employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.