On December 1, 2013, Starr Regional Medical Center was formed as a merger of Athens Regional Medical Center and Woods Memorial Hospital. The two-hospital system offers and increased level of care to the region by sharing resources, physicians and knowledge between the two hospitals. This ultimately allows us to provide the best patient care to those utilizing our services.
It's never been easier to find information about Starr Regional Medical Center to make your visit with us as smooth as possible. The links on the left will connect you to explanations of our specialty services and our phone directory, among other items.
StarrRegional.com will be your trusted source online not only for your hospital information, but also for the time-saving, easy to use, in-depth healthcare information resource you'll want to refer to frequently.
Be active in your healthcare decisions, not a spectator. That's why we give you access to millions of pages of the most credible, up-to-date medical information available. You can rely on such expert sources as The Merriam Webster Medical Dictionary.
Quality healthcare and information you can trust. That's the winning combination of Starr Regional Medical Center and StarrRegional.com. We are located at 1114 West Madison Avenue in Athens, Tenn., and 886 Highway 411 North in Etowah, Tenn.. If you would like further information about our hospital or our services, please call (423)745-1411 (Athens) or 423-263-3600 (Etowah).
Starr Regional Medical Center is evaluated and accredited by the Joint Commission. The Joint Commission is a regulatory agency that sets the standards on how hospitals should operate, and then inspects hospitals to see if they are abiding by the standards. Safety and quality are two areas reviewed by the Joint Commission, areas which are taken very seriously by Starr Regional Medical Center.
Starr Regional Medical Center
Respiratory Therapist – Cardiopulmonary – Full-Time – Evening Shift –position available.
$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS for qualified applicants.
Core competencies for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Measures lung capacity and analyzes blood samples using a blood gas analyzer.
- Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
- Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance. Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment.
- Educates the patient and family about the patient's illness and provides information about community support groups and other resources.
- Maintains storage areas with required supply levels and equipment.
- Disassembles, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, and performs preventative maintenance and calibration of machines.
- Operates electrophysiology/cardiac stress test equipment to perform clinical diagnostic electrophysiologic/cardiac stress test exams and routine invasive procedures according to established standards and practices.
- Associate degree in discipline or equivalent, or completion of a Respiratory Therapy Certification Program is required.
- Current Respiratory Therapist License in State of Tennessee is required.
- Current ABG Endorsement is required.
- BLS through American Heart Association or American Red Cross is required at the time of hire.
- ACLS through American Heart Association or American Red Cross is required within 6 months of hire.
- NRP is required within 6 months of hire.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.