Respiratory Therapist - Diley Ridge - Part Time Nights
An affiliation of Mount Carmel and Fairfield Medical Center, Diley Ridge Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical complex that includes emergency, inpatient and diagnostic services as well as an attached medical office building. Located in Canal Winchester, the center serves patients throughout northern Fairfield County, including the communities of Pickerington, Groveport, Canal Winchester, Carroll, Baltimore and Violet Township.
At Diley Ridge Medical Center, we’re proud to be a part of the lives of the people in our community. That's why we're looking for experienced Respiratory Therapists who have a strong spirit of community, sense of teamwork and constant focus on excellence. We need passionate nurses who provide personalized care by focusing on each patient's emotional, social and spiritual needs.
As a member of the Diley Ridge team, you'll be expected to deliver compassionate, professional healthcare in a collaborative setting. In addition to providing hands-on respiratory care, you'll be asked to effectively communicate, think critically, identify needs, wisely use resources and exercise competency in judgment among other tasks.Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Education: Graduate of approved School for Respiratory Therapy leading to an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy
- Licensure /Certification:
- Maintains current Ohio Respiratory Professional License to practice in the State of Ohio.
- Maintains a current National Board Respiratory Credential for those in a program after 7/1/2002.
- Registered: Credentialed by the National Board of Respiratory Care for Registered Respiratory Therapy or as a Certified Respiratory Therapist.
- Experience: Clinical experience in adult & pediatric respiratory therapy procedures, such as aerosolized delivery of medication, mechanical ventilation, assisting with intubation , extubation, pulmonary function studies, emergency care and obtaining & interpreting arterial blood gases preferred.
- Demonstration of a high degree of self-direction, self-motivation, organizational skills, and leadership ability.
- Must have the ability to work well with other healthcare professionals.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills.
- BLS healthcare provider, required
- ACLS required within one year
- PALS preferred
- Service Excellence: Exhibits the Service Excellence Behavior Standards, (1) role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service creates a professional environment and provides first class service. (2) Provides for periodic rounding on patients & families, providing updates and initiating service recover on identified issues.
- Clinical Practice: (1) Performs basic therapeutic respiratory care to include: IPPB, aerosol therapy, postural drainage & percussion, oxygen therapy, arterial blood gases, non-invasive monitoring, etc. (2) Performs critical care patient management, to include: ventilator management, Code Blue / ACLS management, CPR, (3) Performs cardiopulmonary patient assessment & evaluation, pre & post intervention, (4) Performs cardiopulmonary diagnostic testing, to include: EKG, bedside pulmonary function screening, (5) Provides airway support during procedural sedations, (6) Performs clinical Point of Care testing, accurately, timely & efficiently, (7) Reviews and validates test results and follows up with appropriate action, (8) Records & reports test results, (9) Maintains instrumentation by performing calibrations, maintenance, QC & trouble shooting, (10) Operates & provides laboratory back-up on selected equipment (ABG analyzer, Point of Care devices), (11) Performs patient care activities as required by the situation. (i.e.) Phlebotomy, assisting with transport, specimen collection, delivery of blood & blood products, orthopedic splinting (12) Participates in critical situations, (i.e.) trauma, resuscitation, heart team, stoke team, within the scope of licensure and organizational policies & procedures.
- Collaboration: Confers with Registered Nurses and Physicians relative to respiratory patient management.
- Education: Provides patient & family education relative to the procedure being preformed.
- Delegation: Accepts responsibility for the direction of support staff in the implementation of patient care.
- Communication: (1) Communicates pertinent clinical information to appropriate members of the patients care team. (2) Keeps patient & families appraised and updated. Establishes and maintains strong positive communication with patients and families, (3) Assists the clinical staff with answering incoming & placement of outgoing phone calls, utilizing scripted messages.
- Continuity Planning: (1) Contributes to discharge planning for patients requiring respiratory therapy, which may include, but is not limited to: inhaler & oxygen use, & facilitation of transfer of patients requiring assisted ventilation.
- Safe Practice: (1) Verifies and implements physician & other licensed independent practitioner orders. (2) Administers medications, within the limits of licensure, according to the organization’s standards, policies, procedures, and or guidelines. (3) Initiates appropriate emergency procedures and responds as required in emergency operations plans, (4) Practices positive patient identification. (5) Maintains equipment appropriate to the care environment, (6) Follows testing guidelines, as outlined in policy & procedure manual, (7) Performs routine scheduled and specialized maintenance of ABG and Point of Care equipment, (8) Provides for a safe environment for patients (i.e.) side rails, patient positioning, maintains patient’s environment, cleaning patient stretchers & rooms between patient, provides post procedure clean-up, returning equipment to proper place, monitors patients who require direct visualization to ensure self protection or prevent elopement risk, (9) Maintains regulatory compliance, (10) Maintains a well stocked and organized work area, (11) Follows established guidelines for Risk Management and Organizational Integrity programs and applicable regulatory requirements, (12) Practices in accordance with Infection Control guidelines and within the guidelines for an environmental exposure, as outlined in the MSDS.
- Documentation: (1) Provides accurate and complete patient documentation in accordance with standards, policies, procedures and guidelines. (2) Documents quality control procedures & action taken to address variance, (3) Completes clothing list, (4) Captures & records charges.
- Computer Skills: (1) Utilizes computer systems, appropriate to position effectively. (2) Appropriate use of the internet and intranet.
- Initiative: (1) Assumes responsibility to facilitate improvements in patients care, staff & physician relationships and the working climate, (2) Responsible & accountable for professional development and the maintenance of licensure and competency, (3) Assumes responsibility for own education, (4) Maintains a responsible attitude toward individual performance in accordance with approved policies & procedures, (5) Assists in orientation of new staff & supports student experience as requested, (6) Demonstrates strong organizational skills and is able to multi-task, (7) Attends departmental meetings as required, (8) Assists in maintenance of departmental compliance with continuous regulatory readiness, (9) Accepts responsibility for being pro-active in cost effective utilization of supplies and resources.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Email this job
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up and receive similar job alerts to your email
Enter Email address
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Candidate also viewed
College & University - Covid-19- Open Positions
Location Columbus, Ohio, 43213 Nursing Support 00240497
Mount Carmel Health System locations are looking for CURRENT college and university students for new opportunities. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural...
RN, Registered Nurse - Medical Intermediate Care Unit
Location Westerville, Ohio, 43081 Nursing 00208132
Employment Type. Full timeShift. Description. If you are interested in this position and would like to email me prior to applying, please feel free to email TGloblek@mchs. com to discuss. *Fulltime. 12...
Patient Financial Specialist
Location Canal Winchester, Ohio, 43110-9563 Other 00229417
Registration & Positive Patient Identifications. Collects & validates accurate & complete patient information, entering information into. Scans all patient identity information (i. Practices positive...
Vice President, Health Services - MediGold
Location Columbus, Ohio, 43213 Executive 00238687
Responsible for ongoing direction and management of all programs and procedures which ensure the provision of quality health care services delivered and/or arranged by MCHP. Ten years of case management/social...
Location Columbus, Ohio, 43222 Education 00234090
Mount Carmel College of Nursing (MCCN) is a specialized institution of higher education offering both undergraduate and graduate programs in nursing. About the job:Primary function of the Special Instructor...
© 2020 Mount Carmel Health System • Columbus, Ohio.