Respiratory Therapist in Warrenton, VA at Fauquier Health
Date Posted: 9/19/2021
- Employee Type:
Variable shift, 7-10 hr/shift, rotate weekends
- Job Type:
Fauquier Health is a Planetree-designated facility and serves the residents of Fauquier and several surrounding counties. It comprises: Fauquier Hospital, a fully-accredited, 97-bed hospital; Fauquier Health Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, a 115-bed long-term care and rehabilitation facility; the Villa at Suffield Meadows, an assisted living facility; the Wound Health Center and a medically supervised Wellness Center offering health and wellness programs. For more information please visit: https://www.fauquierhealth.org/
The Respiratory Therapist examines patients with breathing-related conditions and conducts diagnostic testing. Consults with physicians to develop and implement a treatment plan for the patient. Performs physiotherapy and other treatments and teaches patients to use medications. This job requires working both independently and part of the multi-disciplinary team to treat and respond to the immediate needs of the patient.
- Demonstrates and maintains competency to perform all therapeutic and diagnostic procedures according to the physician's order (frequency, meds, order clarification, etc.). Accurately and follows the departmental policies and procedures, with quality.
- Completes procedures scheduled during the assigned shift. Adapts to the specific age-appropriate needs for proper therapeutic application.
- Measures lung capacity and analyzes blood samples using a blood gas analyzer.
- Performs appropriate role and intervention for the high-risk delivery, C-section and/or respiratory distress nursery patient needs. This includes, but not limited to, resuscitation and oxygen delivery application and management.
- Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
- Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance. Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment.
- Educates the patient and family about the patient's illness and provides information about community support groups and other resources. Provides education and information to other disciplines as needed.
- Monitors, receives, stocks, and distributes respiratory care supplies and medical gas cylinders.
- Disassembles, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, and performs preventative maintenance and calibration of machines.
Completion of an accredited program for Respiratory Care.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) (within the first six months of hire)
- A Licensed Respiratory Therapist
- For new graduates from an accredited school, recent NICU clinical site reference preferred - CRT or RRT credential from NBRC and licensed by the state within 12 months of employment.
Preferred: Experience working in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit/Intermediate Care Nursery preferred.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.