Job ID: 84775
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: Rotating
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:
PRN – Rotating
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- Observe in the classroom setting a variety of routine technical procedures during department orientation. This orientation period will allow time to gain knowledge of effective evaluation and treatment of individuals with cardiopulmonary functions threatened or impaired by developmental defects, the aging process, physical injury, or disease. The intern period is to serve as a means to provide effective respiratory care department orientation, while ascertaining the overall competency of the new graduate.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- A Certificate from an AMA approved program by the National Board of Respiratory Care in Respiratory Therapy is required.
- A minimum of six months to one year performing didactic and clinical Respiratory care procedures is preferred.
- General knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system, biology, microbiology, technical mathematics, and pharmacology are required. Knowledge of medical terminology, and moderate level of proficiency in operation of equipment, such as, various types of ventilators, nebulizers, aerosol masks, nasal cannulas, mist tents, oxyhoods and other oxygen delivery devices.
- CPR is required
- Associates Degree in respiratory or related field is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on