Providence Health has two campus locations. Providence Health's main campus is located in the heart of downtown Columbia. The 258-bed hospital is best known for its expertise in cardiac care and serves as a nationally-recognized referral center for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Located near Highway 77 in Northeast Columbia, Providence Health Northeast, is a 74-bed full-service hospital with special focus on neurosurgery, orthopedic care, and emergency services. For more information on Providence Health please visit:
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health- Downtown is looking for an experienced Respiratory Therapist II to join our Downtown team.
For more information about the physicians and services provided by Providence Health, click here.
- Able to auscultate chest sounds and communicate in a verbal and written and written (Meditech) manner.
- Able to perform handheld breathing treatments in a safe and professional manner.
- Able to report to work in a timely manner and dressed appropriately. Must present a professional image while at work.
- Must be able to initiate and monitor ventilator dependent patients in a caring and professional manner.
- Able to work with co-workers and strive toward a "team approach" toward work and work schedule.
- Able to lift and roll heavy equipment (greater than 50 lbs.) in a safe manner to all parts of the hospital.
- Must be able and willing to work with all ages of patients in a competent manner.
- Must be able to think critically throughout the work shift and be able to prioritize a large workload into manageable units.
- Must be able to draw, analyze and discuss ABGs in a professional manner and must be able to thoroughly maintain ABG machines.
- Adheres to all hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Minimum Work Experience
Education may substitute for experience.
One year of experience preferred.
Must be a graduate of a National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
Career progression will grow from Level II to Level III.
- The Respiratory Therapist must be certified or registered as a respiratory therapist by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Valid South Carolina license to practice as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
- ACLS, PALS and BLS ( issued from the American Heart Association)
Providence Health Downtown
2435 Forest Drive
Columbia, SC 29204
Days, Evenings and Weekends available
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.