State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Resource Nurse (Operating Room, 36hr, Day/Evening)
Req ID: 43573BR
Job Summary: The Resource Nurse plans, organizes, directs, evaluates and actively participates in the provision of patient care in collaboration with the Director of Inpatient Services , multidisciplinary health care team and ancillary departments to manage and coordinate day-to-day unit operations. This includes problem solving, coordination of assignments and patient placement, staffing, facilitating staff competency validation and performance monitoring. The Resource Nurse acts as a role model and mentor to staff demonstrating service excellence behaviors. The Resource Nurse also functions as a Registered Nurse including providing direct and indirect nursing care, health maintenance, teaching, counseling, collaborative planning and rehabilitation. Collaborates with physicians and other disciplines to ensure quality, cost effective patient care.
- Completes the patient care assignment in consideration of census, acuity, pending ED admissions, post-ops and discharges cognizant of staff competency and experience including participating in direct patient care if needed
- Demonstrates leadership by delegating appropriate activities, embracing change, taking initiative, maintaining objectivity and directing personnel in the provision of safe and cost effective care.
- Facilitates the completion of orientation for all new staff. Assists and supports new employees during the orientation process. Assigns preceptors to best educate staff with regards to staff needs and experience.
- Identifies quality improvement opportunities and participates in improvement initiatives
- Maintains clinical expertise by active networking or membership with professional and/or specialty organizations, and continuing education
- Associate's degree in Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required., and Certificate 2 Advanced Cardiac Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required in nursing with at least two years or more of relevant clinical experience.
- Ability to demonstrate an advanced level of nursing practice.
- Ability to organize work, delegate effectively, and to assign, direct and evaluate the work of others.
- ACLS not required for med/surg Resource RN Roles
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply