Research Nurse Manager "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Winston-Salem, NC, United States
08/03/2021, 9:24 AM
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the management and oversight of the patient care research component of the Clinical Protocol and Data Management (CPDM) team within the Wake Forest Baptist Comprehensive Cancer Center (WFBCCC). Reporting directly to the CPDM Medical Director and oversees the cancer clinical research patient care. Plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the clinical management of cancer research protocols and clinical research care system. Supervises the activities of oncology research nurses and other patient care professionals. Coordinates, plans, and develops training programs for clinical research personnel on cancer research protocols. Develops, communicates, and administers clinical research policies and procedures to cancer clinical research personnel in accordance with federal, institutional, and departmental policies and procedures. Ensures appropriate protocol assignments to oncology research staff based on length of experience, complexity of protocol, number of active patients, data requirements, reporting methods, etc. to accomplish WFBCCC research goals. Maintains open communication with physicians and research staff to ensure appropriate level of support for all research related activities. Develops strategies to promote enrollment of diverse patient populations and ensures regulatory compliance in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing with five years' nursing experience, two years of which must have been in oncology and one year of which must have been at the administrative and/or supervisory level. Master's or Doctorate degree in Nursing preferred. Degree in Business or Health Care Management preferred. Documented education and/or training in the oncology field preferred. Clinical research experience desired.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of North Carolina required. Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) Certification and Certified Research Professional via SoCRA/ACRP preferred. Must complete the CITI certification for Human Subject Research if not already completed.
1. Ensures the delivery of nursing/patient care in accordance with education/experience, established policies/procedures, licensure/certification requirements; monitor/evaluate competencies of nursing/nursing support personnel; provide staff development opportunities; and document current licensure/certification of nursing/nursing support staff.
2. Develops work schedules and assignments for professional and ancillary staff, with attention to scope of practice, policies/procedures, regulatory requirements, equitable distribution, adequacy of coverage, appropriate resources (space and facilities).
3. Supervises and coordinates personnel activities, including hiring, performance reviews, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
4. Oversees and participates in clinical research projects for the Comprehensive Cancer Center. This includes planning, development and implementation of protocols, nursing care policies and procedures, IRB documentation, writing reports, participating in data collection, preparation of progress reports and quality control monitoring, analysis of data, and the writing of scientific publications.
5. Participates in assessing fiscal requirements, preparing budgetary recommendations, monitoring and reconciling expenditures.
6. Prepares management reports (technical, operational, fiscal) which detail patient/procedure volumes, resource utilization, trends, revenues, expenditures, recommendations, etc.
7. Acts as CPDM liaison for administration, faculty, staff and external organizations.
8. Oversees general cancer clinical research operations including record keeping/filing, ordering/purchasing of general medical/surgical supplies, office supplies, equipment, etc.
9. Supports provision of age/developmental appropriate care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the age groups served.
10. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Excellent oral, written, listening, and interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Attention to details
Basic computer skills required
Fast paced, long hours, ability to deliver results
Professionalism and customer service skills being a must at all times
Occasionally subject to irregular hours
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.