Research Fellow – Orthopedic Research, Full-Time
Category: Administrative/General Support
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: March 12, 2021
The orthopedic surgery research fellow will be responsible for conducting clinical research across a variety of orthopedic subspecialties. As part of a multidisciplinary research team, fellows will work with both clinical and research personnel to develop research protocols, collect and analyze data, and generate abstracts and manuscripts for submission to national conferences and peer reviewed journals. Training in research methods, statistical analysis, and scientific writing will be provided. This position will report to the director of orthopedic and surgery research and an attending orthopedic surgeon mentor from their primary subspecialty of focus.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Develops research objectives, projects and proposals.
- Conducts data collection, statistical analysis, abstract and manuscript preparation and presentation.
- Oversees the work of undergraduate research interns and trains interns on appropriate data collection techniques.
- Supports grant submissions as needed.
- Makes presentations at regional and national conferences. Travel is required. Attends weekly research meetings and performs other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university is required.
- Exceptional candidates that have not yet enrolled in a postgraduate medical education program will be considered.
- MD or DO preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)