You can find the cures you know are out there. At UCLA Health, you make it happen as part of a groundbreaking Research team, working to understand hundreds of medical disorders and improving processes for dozens of procedures across the globe.
- BS degree in Biological-related field or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- At least 2-year experience working in the field of cell and molecular biology.
- Working knowledge and experience in general cell biology, molecular biology techniques (PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, multicolor flow cytometry, ELISA)
- Knowledge of cell culture (including T cells and cell lines) and virus production (Lentivirus and retrovirus) and transduction.
- Ability to keep organized, descriptive and accurate laboratory records.
- Computer proficient for word processing, data tabulation, graphing, email and scientific data base search (NCBI-PubMed).
- Experience using EndNote.
- Ability and knowledge to operate basic laboratory equipment, i.e. centrifuge, tissue culture hood and related equipment, autoclaving, weighing, pipetting microliter volumes etc.
- Ability and working knowledge of DNA/RNA/protein purification and quantification; PCR-proficient
- Excellent communication skills to interact with other researchers, vendors, suppliers, and maintenance engineers
- Experience with Multiparametric Flow Cytometry
- Capacity of preparing solutions at different concentrations and volumes i.e. 1mM Il-2, 0.1N NaOH
- Knowledge in gene expression profiling, sequence alignment and its computer-based analysis
- Knowledge and ability to order supplies utilizing Bruin Buy on a quote-based system and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of GraphPad Prism
- Knowledge of tumor biology
- Experience with training and supervising others
- Under Supervisor directions, capacity to provide project oriented assistance and maintain a research grade facility
DR. ISLA GARRAWAY
UCLA has incredible resources and a team science approach. The ability to work with collaborative teams and access the amazing resources around campus is the best part about being at UCLA.
UCLA is very diverse in its personnel as well as its many research fields studied