Search Our Jobs
State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Research Assistant I
Req ID: 41882BR
Job Summary: The Jiang lab seeks motivated and passionate individuals who are excited to be working on the leading edge of technology development, infectious disease, and tumor biology. Working closely with the Principal Investigators and other members of the lab, the candidate will play a critical role in experiments encompassing molecular, biochemistry and tissue biology. Opportunities for learning computational biology and analytical methods, in direct applications to the data generated on our spatial-omics technologies will be ample.
- 1. Conducts routine experiments following established procedures, which may include assays, DNA sequencing, tissue culture, protein purification, Southern blotting, PCR analysis, electrophoresis, chromatography, immunohistochemistry, antibody conjugation. (essential)
- 2. Researches and collects basic study data through monitoring devices and maintains daily logs/basic records of methodologies and test results. With supervision, using databases, may summarize data and interpret results using descriptive statistics and basic hypothesis testing. (essential)
- 3. May write standard operating procedures for documentation and make informal presentations of these procedures to others in the lab. (essential)
- 4. Performs literature searches and library investigations as they relate to the research and/or as assigned. (essential)
- 5. Due to the dynamic environment in which research exists, must show flexibility in performing principal duties and responsibilities as research projects evolve. (essential)
- 6. Attends Medical Center lectures regarding all safety requirements/conditions. Attends courses, lectures, and conferences to further own knowledge of research. (essential)
- 7. May demonstrate routine laboratory tasks to tests to students and other research personnel. (essential)
- 8. Learn computational methods for data analysis. (essential)
- 9. Will also maintain own supplies and be responsible for ordering supplies for the lab.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Life Science or a related scientific field required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Familiarity with basic laboratory instruments and equipment, computers (databases, spreadsheets, statistics) and scientific procedures.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply