Center City, Philadelphia, PA
Pre-register patients scheduled for physician offices. Register patients from reports generated by Jefferson Hospital and affiliates.
CORE FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Obtain accurate and complete registration information for patients that have been scheduled on the IDX scheduling system.
- Collect and verify insurance information from the patient or their family.
- Establish the correct coordination of benefits associated with each patient file.
- Verify insurance coverage for new patients with third-party payors.
- Verify appointment date, time and location.
- Instruct patients to bring any follow-up information required to the physician’s office, including insurance cards and referral forms.
- Provide patients with directions to their physician’s office when necessary.
- Use professional, efficient and effective communication skills with patients, families, physicians, and practice staff.
- Refer patient and/or family to appropriate individuals (i.e. financial counseling, social services) when necessary.
- Perform duties within specified standards for productivity accuracy and attendance.
- Promote organizational values of patient satisfaction by demonstrating courtesy and respect for patients and their families.
- Provide coverage and support to other personnel in the JMG Business Services Office as required.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
High School degree or GED equivalent required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
Successful completion of the IDX system registration and enrollment, training and certification program.
- Three years experience as a patient registrar.
- Experience with insurance billing, claims, collections and/or reimbursement for physician serviced preferred.
- Attention to detail essential, particularly in the areas of data collection and entry.
- Must have strong service orientation.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Must be familiar with personal computers, printers, copiers and fax machines.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.