Registered Ultrasound Technologist, Center for Fetal and Maternal Medicine – Full-time – Days (7a-3:30p) – Mon-Fri
Category: Allied Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: May 13, 2021
Performs ultrasound procedures for diagnostic evaluation of patients in accordance with established regulations, policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs routine radiographic and ultrasound procedures in accordance with established safety and quality standards and the special needs of patients.
- Performs ultrasound diagnostic procedures and routine ultrasound procedures within the designated time frame and in accordance with the established quality standards and needs of the office as well as the organization.
- Participates as a member of a specialized medical team in performing biopsies of various organs and in preparing patients for specific procedures as requested by the physician.
- Confers with the practice manager and physician to report problems relative to equipment, staffing, and productivity and makes recommendations on personnel matters within assigned area.
- Obtains pertinent clinical data prior to sonographic examination, supervises the scheduling and preparation of patients, and records significant data.
- Conducts daily calibration checks in the adjustment and maintenance of ultrasound and peripheral equipment and records results.
- Maintains a daily activities log and procedure manual; compiles data and issues monthly reports as required.
- Ensures compliance with organizational and office specific safety policies and procedures;
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in the work area.
- Demonstrates proper use of computer by entering all pertinent information upon completion of procedure and adhering to confidentiality policy.
- Successful completion of a one-year program in Ultrasound Technology.
- Two years full time as a clinical ultra-sonographer in a hospital radiographic environment.
Required Licensure & Certifications: CPR certification is required. Certification in Physics, Abdomen-Pelvis, OB-GYN by the Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS) required. Recommend additional registry in one of the following: OB/GYN, neonatal hands, or vascular.
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Preferred Licensure & Certifications: AART Maryland license preferred
Preferred – American Registry of Radiologic
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)