Registered Respiratory Therapist in Sylva, NC at Harris Regional Hospital
Date Posted: 10/11/2021
Harris Regional Hospital, established in 1925, is an 86-bed acute and specialty care facility serving a primary service area of the western North Carolina counties of Jackson, Swain, Graham, and Macon as well as parts of North Georgia. For more information on Harris Regional Hospital please visit: http://www.lifepointhealth.net/serving-communities/our-communities/harris-regional-hospital
Harris Regional Hospital
The Respiratory Therapist provides care to patients requiring all types of respiratory support including critical, emergency, general therapy, and special care nursery. Supports organizational improvement by teaching and participating in the management of resources for patient care.
1. Performs assessment of cardiopulmonary status utilizing physical assessment and history taking skills, laboratory findings, radiological studies of the chest, pulmonary function testing and professional judgment to formulate a respiratory care plan upon the order of a physician.
2. Initiates, administers, evaluates response to, and documents all therapy modalities according to departmental procedure and ordered by a physician including: intermittent positive pressure breathing, handheld nebulizer, chest physical therapy modalities, including percussion, vibration, breathing and cough retraining exercises, deep tracheal suctioning, incentive spirometry, sputum induction.
3. Initiates, monitors and documents performance of various respiratory care modalities.
4. Administers proper technical respiratory care procedures including dispensing of proper dosage of medication and equipment/devices.
5. Inspects and tests equipment, disassembles, cleans, reassembles equipment as required. Maintains adequate supply of necessary equipment. Performs accurate record keeping, including logs for oxygen, supplies and equipment. Disposes of equipment properly.
1. Registered Respiratory Therapist with NC Respiratory Care Board and current Respiratory Care Practitioner.
2. Current BLS certification. Must be American Heart Association.
3. Acquire ACLS certification within 3 months and maintain thereafter.
4. Acquire NRP certification within 3 months and maintain thereafter.
1. Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds.
2. Ability to see colors, see at least 1 mm squares.
3. Ability to hear and distinguish heart and lung sounds.
4. Ability to reach overhead.
5. Ability to remain calm, continue to function effectively and develop priorities during highly stressful situations.
6. Ability to communicate effectively using written and verbal media.
7. Ability to move and operate equipment and carry supplies.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
- Therapist Jobs
- Respiratory Therapist Jobs
- Jobs in Clyde, North Carolina
- Therapist Jobs Clyde, North Carolina
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.