Registered Respiratory Therapist
Job ID: 90167
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 7P-7:30A
Job Facility: UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Full-Time – Night
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopedic Institute.
UNIQUE IS WHAT WE ARE!
Lives are restored here on our campus every day! As the designated acute care rehabilitation and orthopedic hospital of the University of Maryland Medical System, we are one of the largest, most comprehensive, and best-respected facilities in the nation. Patients and professionals alike appreciate the unique advantages offered here at UM Rehab & Ortho Institute.
- Administers complex respiratory therapy modalities in the evaluation and treatment of individuals with cardiopulmonary functions threatened or impaired by developmental defects, the aging process, physical injury, or disease.
- Provides respiratory services consistent with the mission and values of Kernan Hospital within scope of practice, professional and regulatory standards.
- Accountable to Coordinator of Respiratory Services, medical and clinical staff, patients and families for processes and outcomes during an episode of care.
- Serves as a fully engaged member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in cost effective strategies that optimize patient care and improve outcomes.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist at UM Rehab & Ortho, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue generous paid time off; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
We’re making Maryland stronger!
With roots that go as far back as 1895, the UM Rehab & Ortho Institute continues to be a pioneer in orthopedics and neurological disorders. From bones to brains, our cutting-edge hospital heals even the most serious of injuries, specializing in everything from total joint replacement to spinal cord injuries and neurological condition. In total, our 141-bed facility welcomes over 3,000 patients every year. As the state’s largest provider of inpatient rehabilitation services, we offer some of the most advanced therapies for stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, orthopedic and sports injury, among many others.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Registry (RRT) by the National Association for Respiratory Care (NBRC) is required.
- Graduation from an AMA approved program in Respiratory Therapy is required.
- Four years’ experience as a Respiratory Therapist- RRT is required.
- Two years’ experience in Critical Care is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW