Registered Nurse - Wound Care
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Registered Nurse position is responsible to the Clinical Coordinator for activities that include, but are not limited to, utilization of skills in organization, planning, implementing, evaluating, and providing care as it relates to the specific needs of the patient. Nurses work within the framework of the State Nurse Practice Act and follows Wound Care Centers, INC, and Medical Center policies and procedures. The Nurse complies with Medical Center and nursing standards in the performance of job duties and responsibilities. The Nurse will support the goals and objectives of the center and of the Medical Center. The Nurse will provide coverage for operation of the hyperbaric chamber as directed.
1) Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2) Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred.
1) Two years clinical experience.
2) Medical surgical, home health, or wound care experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Possesses the following: ability to plan/organize; ability to multitask; problem solving skills; ability to facilitate teamwork; professional demeanor; ability to manage change; customer service skills; ability to collaborate with others; excellent interpersonal skills.
2) Language Ability: Ability to write reports and to effectively respond to questions from clients, customers, and the general public.
3) Math Ability: Ability to perform basis math skills.
4) Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of practical problems.
5) Computer Skills: Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
1) Registered Nurse with current license.
2) Wound Care Certification preferred.
3) CWS or CWCA obtained within 2 years of hire date.
4) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
5) Within four months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and renews ACLS every two years.