Registered Nurse -Supplemental- Level IV- Float Pool
Job ID: 68122
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Glen Burnie,MD US
Hours of Work: 8p-830am Sun-Sat wknd and holidays
Job Facility: UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:Registered Nurse (RN)
Supplemental- Float PoolThe University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center (UM BWMC)
provides the highest quality health care services to the communities we serve. Our medical center is home to leading-edge technology, nationally recognized quality, personalized service and outstanding people. We have 272 beds, 2,200 employees and 700 physicians. Our patients and family members have access to the advanced resources of an academic medical center (UMMS) where education, innovation and research discoveries are aimed at improving the health care of our community members. Join our physicians and nursing staff specializing in emergency, acute, medical-surgical and critical care.Be Part of Something Greater!
What You Will Do:
This role requires a highly skilled and knowledgeable RN with more than 2 years registered nurse experience in each qualified area.
Cardiac monitoring interpretation is required.Independently provide and coordinates care provide to patients within a clinical specialty. Serves as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team. Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in both care provided and in participation development of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction with service and cost effectiveness at the unit level. Strive to provide an environment where patients, families and colleagues collaborate in the delivery of care. Demonstrate the ability to float independently to a minimum of two areas with minimal assistance from permanent staff.
Premium Hourly Rates:
Areas RN could potentially float (requiring 2 years solid experience in each area)
- Medical Surgical
- Step down
- Emergency Department
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Associate’s degree in nursing is required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.**The BSN must be obtained within fine (5) years from the date of hire into or transfer into this position. Those employees hired prior to July 1, 2018 will be grandfathered and not required to obtain the BSN.
- More than two years registered nursing experience is required.Certification/Licensure
- Must have current RN license in the state of Maryland.
- Successful completion of a refresher course within past 6 months if nursing practice has not occurred within the past 5 years.
- Professional certifications are highly encouraged.
- American Heart Association (AHA), BLS and ACLS required upon hire.
- Must meet all unit specific certification requirements: (PALS, NRP)
- Maintains all Clinical Nurse I core expectations
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on