Registered Nurse (RN) – Traumatic Brain Injury Unit
Job ID: 86763
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 7a-7p
Job Facility: UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:Registered Nurse (RN) – Traumatic Brain Injury
Full Time – Day Shift
We are seeking a full-time Traumatic Brain Injury Unit Registered Nurse to join our nursing team at University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute.
UNIQUE IS WHAT WE ARE!
Lives are restored here on our campus every day! As the designated acute care rehabilitation and orthopaedic hospital of the University of Maryland Medical System, we are one of the largest, most comprehensive, and best-respected facilities in the nation. Patients and professionals alike appreciate the unique advantages offered here at UM Rehab & Ortho Institute.
As a Registered Nurse at UM Rehab & Ortho, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue vacation + holiday + sick leave and personal leave days; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
- FREE Parking
- We’re making Maryland stronger!
With roots that go as far back as 1895, the UM Rehab & Ortho Institute continues to be a pioneer in orthopaedics and neurological disorders. From bones to brains, our cutting-edge hospital heals even the most serious of injuries, specializing in everything from total joint replacement to spinal cord injuries and neurological condition. In total, our 141-bed facility welcomes over 3,000 patients every year. As the state’s largest provider of inpatient rehabilitation services, we offer some of the most advanced therapies for stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, orthopaedic and sports injury, among many others
Independently provides and coordinates individualized patient care consistent with the mission and values of teh University of Maryland Rehabilitation and Orthopaedic Institute (UMROI) and in accordance with professional and regulatory standards. Accountable to patients and families for processes and outcomes during an episode of care. Serves as a fully engaged member of the interdisciplinary patient care services team. Participates in cost effective strategies that optimize patient outcomes. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age, culture, ethnicity, and specific individual diagnostic needs of the patients served in his/her department. He/she must be able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s specific needs and provide the care needed by the patient group (pediatric, adolescents and/or geriatric patient group, culture and diagnostic specific). Consistently expresses and demonstrates compassion and courtesy for patients. Extends courtesy and support to patient’s families/visitors.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland is required.
- At least one year of nursing experience that includes recent applicable clinical experience in a comparable setting.
- Demonstrated/documented highly effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as an interdisciplinary team member.
- Ability to learn and apply computer systems in order to manage patient information.
- BSN, or enrollment in a BSN program, is highly desirable.
- Certification in area of specialty preferred. Demonstrated effectiveness as an interdisciplinary team member.
- Ability to learn and use computer systems in order to manage patient information.
To be immediately considered for nursing positions with UM Rehab please contact Rachel Marini at Rachel.Marini@umm.edu with an updated resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW