Registered Nurse (RN) Trauma PACU – Fellowship
Job ID: 89484
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 7a-7:30p & 7p-7:30a
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) – Trauma PACU – Fellowship
Full-Time – Shift (7a -7p, 7p-7a)
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world-class 800-bed, Magnet-designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) with ICU experience to join our Shock Trauma PACU Nursing Team at the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC).
About the Unit
The Shock Trauma Post-Anesthesia Care Unit is a 12-bed unit providing care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to patients with varying levels of high acuity. Shock Trauma Post-Anesthesia Care Unit has the primary focus of providing post-anesthesia care for patients having elective, urgent, or new surgery in the Shock Trauma Center Operating Rooms. This area also serves the Shock Trauma Center in providing overflow and procedural space in the event of maximum inpatient capacity as the staff can provide care to patients in need of varying levels of acuity.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement Model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans, and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland or eligible to practice under a compact license;
- BSN preferred (Associates Nurses with at least 1+ years of experience);
- At least 1-2 years preferred, experience as an Intermediate Care or Emergency Department nurse in an inpatient facility, outpatient surgical office, or other environment performing surgical services to patients.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW