Registered Nurse (RN) Telemetry Cardiac Surgery Step-Down
Job ID: 80089
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Towson,MD US
Hours of Work: Sun-Sat 7a-7p/7p-7a
Job Facility: UM St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type: Part Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) – Telemetry Cardiac Surgery Step-Down
Part-Time – Rotating
We are seeking a full-time Telemetry Registered Nurse to join our nursing team at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center.
When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224- bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
As a Registered Nurse at UM St. Joseph, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
- Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
- On-Site Daycare
2 Central is a Telemetry Cardiac Surgery Step-Down unit, composed of 30 beautifully appointed, private rooms that support faster healing, reduced infections and family privacy. Care for adults and geriatric patients who have one of the following diagnoses:
- Post-operative care of the cardiac and thoracic surgery patients following coronary artery bypass, valve replacement and thoracotomy for cancer diagnosis
- Cardiac diagnosis such as MI, post-stent placement and CHF
The Registered Nurse is responsible for patient care in collaboration with interdisciplinary health care providers to assess, plan, intervene, evaluate and document care in an individualized and age appropriate manner which promotes patient safety and healing and according to hospital policy.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- 2 year / Associate’s Degree: Nursing
- 4 year / Bachelor’s Degree: BS in Nursing and/or active pursuit of advanced degree or specialty certification.
Certification / Licensure / Registration
- BLS Certification (Required)
- State Registered Nurse License (Required)
- 1+ years of RN experience
- Strong Verbal Communications Skills, Strong Written Communications Skills, Excellent Interpersonal Skills, General Clerical Skills, Basic Computer Skills, Excellent Organizational Skills, Strong Customer Services Skills, Proven Analytical Skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I love most about living in Maryland. I would say just the diversity that Maryland has to offer. And when I say that, I mean, I don't know a single other state that is quite as diverse as Maryland is. We have the city, Baltimore city downtown, we have the country with just miles and miles of empty, beautiful scenery that is so much fun to just get away to and relax from work, and, you know, we need that as healthcare professionals especially now. We have the mountains out West, we have the beach East and we have Ocean City, you gotta experience Ocean City once in your life. But, I don't know, Maryland is just something special, and I feel like we have a saying that, you know, people from Maryland love Maryland, and it's so true. We love our Maryland flag, we love our crabs, and there's just a sense of community in Baltimore, especially that I love so much.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW