Registered Nurse (RN) Telemetry
Job ID: 81562
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Glen Burnie,MD US
Hours of Work: 8p-8a, 3 12 hr/wk, rotate weekends, holidays
Job Facility: UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) – Telemetry
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Full-Time – Night Shift
Glen Burnie, Maryland
The Power of Caring
Within all of us there is untold power. An unstoppable strength. A desire to do more.
Join our talented team of Registered Nurses and experience the highest level of appreciation at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center — named Top Workplace in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun two years in a row (2019 & 2020); Top Workplace in the USA for 2021!
At University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, our registered nurses have earned the highest level of respect as a critical factor in our success— and that of our patients. As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence® designated hospitals in Maryland. UM BWMC features one of the state’s busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another.
Click HERE to meet our Chief Nursing Officer and learn more about nursing at UM BWMC.
As a Registered Nurse at UM BWMC, you’ll experience:
- An organization that supports, recognizes and invests in their nurses.
- Our Professional Advancement Model (PAM) designed to recognize and reward nurses based on their professional contributions to advancing the practice and profession of nursing.
- An environment of excellence focused on quality and interprofessional collaboration.
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
4 West is a 27 bed acute medical step down unit with remote telemetry capability. 4 West has 27 private rooms which includes one negative airflow room. Most 4 West admissions come from the Emergency Department, although PACU and direct admissions are also accepted. Major diagnoses represented in our patient population include Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Gastrointestinal Bleeding, End Stage Renal Disease, Cardiac Dysrhythmias, and electrolyte imbalances which require cardiac monitoring. Patients who are chronically ventilator dependent are part of 4 West’s patient population, as are patients receiving peritoneal dialysis and patients who are receiving hemodialysis for the first time. 4 West is also a primary stroke unit and cares for patients who do not receive thrombolytic therapy for initial treatment, as well as those who have completed 24 hours of post-thrombolytic care in Intensive Care.
Patients admitted to 4 West generally require a higher level of care than is provided on a medical/surgical unit and a lower level of care than is provided in Intensive Care units. Any patient who is ventilator dependent or receiving peritoneal dialysis will be admitted to 4 West unless they require intensive or intermediate care. Specialized treatment needs of this patient population include:
- Hemodynamic monitoring, including EKG, pulse oximetry, and capnography
- Care of temporary and permanent dialysis catheters
- Mechanical ventilation of patients who are chronically dependent or are being weaned over a long period of time (all of these patients have tracheostomies)
- Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing education program approved by the Board of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland.
- BLS certification
- 1-2 years of experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
My name is Christina, and I'm a respiratory therapist at UM BWMC. At the height of COVID, I had actually joined the hospital as a clinical extern, and upon obtaining my license, I decided to join full-time. One of the reasons why I chose to join full-time was because, as a new grad, it was very important for me to have my voice heard and appreciated, which I definitely feel at this hospital. And in addition, it is a huge plus to have all the up-to-date technologies and equipment readily available for me to utilize. I love working here, and as a new grad, I couldn't have chose a better place to work.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW