Registered Nurse (RN) – Spinal Cord Injury Unit
Job ID: 87764
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 7p-7a
Job Facility: UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) – Spinal Cord Injury Unit
Full-Time – Night Shift
We are seeking a full-time Spinal Cord Injury Unit Registered Nurse to join our nursing team at University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute. (About the Facility)
- The Spinal Cord Injury and Multi Trauma Unit, also referred to as “Spine”, is a 32-bed unit. Rooms include private and semi-private rooms with large windows overlooking our beautiful grounds.
- Our patients include Adult patients with a primary diagnosis of spinal cord and multi-trauma injuries.
- Our Nursing care team consists of: Senior Clinical Nurses, Registered Nurses, Nursing Technicians, Certified Nursing Assistants, Administrative Assistants, and a Nurse Manager.
UNIQUE IS WHAT WE ARE!
Lives are restored here on our campus every day! As the designated acute care rehabilitation and orthopaedic hospital of the University of Maryland Medical System, we are one of the largest, most comprehensive, and best-respected facilities in the nation. Patients and professionals alike appreciate the unique advantages offered here at UM Rehab & Ortho Institute.
As a Registered Nurse at UM Rehab & Ortho, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
- Work-Life Balance: You’ll accrue vacation + holiday + sick leave and personal leave days; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability, and an employee assistance program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
- FREE Parking
We’re making Maryland stronger!
With roots that go as far back as 1895, the UM Rehab & Ortho Institute continues to be a pioneer in orthopaedics and neurological disorders. From bones to brains, our cutting-edge hospital heals even the most serious of injuries, specializing in everything from total joint replacement to spinal cord injuries and neurological conditions. In total, our 141-bed facility welcomes over 3,000 patients every year. As the state’s largest provider of inpatient rehabilitation services, we offer some of the most advanced therapies for stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, orthopaedic and sports injury, among many others.
Independently provides and coordinates individualized patient care consistent with the mission and values of the University of Maryland Rehabilitation and Orthopaedic Institute (UMROI) and in accordance with professional and regulatory standards. Accountable to patients and families for processes and outcomes during an episode of care. Serves as a fully engaged member of the interdisciplinary patient care services team. Participates in cost-effective strategies that optimize patient outcomes. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age, culture, ethnicity, and specific individual diagnostic needs of the patients served in his/her department. He/she must be able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s specific needs and provide the care needed by the patient group (pediatric, adolescents and/or geriatric patient group, culture, and diagnostic specific). Consistently expresses and demonstrates compassion and courtesy for patients. Extends courtesy and support to patient’s families/visitors.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland is required.
- Demonstrated/documented highly effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as an interdisciplinary team member.
- Ability to learn and apply computer systems in order to manage patient information.
- BSN, or enrollment in a BSN program, is highly desirable.
- Certification in area of specialty preferred. Demonstrated effectiveness as an interdisciplinary team member.
- Ability to learn and use computer systems in order to manage patient information.
To be immediately considered for nursing positions with UM Rehab, schedule a call here or contact Rachel Marini at Rachel.Marini@umm.edu with an updated resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW