Registered Nurse (RN) – Shock Trauma OR
Job ID: 82020
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 2- 12's and 2' 8's, includes weekends and call
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) – Shock Trauma Operating Room
Full-Time – Rotating Day Shift (2- 12’s and 2′ 8’s, includes weekends and call)
The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is looking for an RN with Critical Care experience for our patients in the Shock Trauma OR. The nursing and support staff draws from their emergency medicine and critical care knowledge and expertise to provide quality care to patients.
This role is designed for the clinical nurse who has at least 12 months of experience with substantial knowledge and clinical skills. Provides and coordinates independent care to patients within a clinical specialty as a fully capable and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team.
The Trauma Operating Room is a specialized surgical suite that provides services to the trauma patients who arrive at the R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center. The 9 operating room department offers technologically advanced surgeries to patients undergoing an emergent need. The staff of the Trauma OR provide care to the critically wounded residents of the state of Maryland.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement Model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans, and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined through the MD Board of Nursing, is required;
- BSN preferred;
- One year of nursing experience in Critical Care REQUIRED with substantial knowledge and clinical skills; or 5 years of nursing experience in Med Surg Telemetry.
- Current CPR certification required;
- Recent applicable clinical experience in a comparable setting.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on