Registered Nurse (RN) Radiation Oncology
Job ID: 92058
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Easton,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F
Job Facility: UM Shore Regional Health
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) – Radiation Oncology
Full Time – Day Shift
Responsibilities/Tasks The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Provides independent care to unit-specific patient population; serves as a clinical resource for others, utilizes and integrates evidence into practice, functions effectively in roles specific to the unit (such as arrest team for ICU, triage for ED, etc).
- Assists in team development and evaluation of the Relationship-Based Care model; suggest methods for improvement. Participates in collection of data related to Relationship-Based Care outcomes (e.g. handoffs, medication safety, etc).
- Assists in the development of clinical practice protocols and standards for the unit.
- Participates in unit-based process governance activities: Performance Improvement, Professional Development, Clinical Practice, Teamwork, etc.; assists in the development of action plans and supports implementation.
- Serves as preceptor, coach, mentor to new nurses and students. Contributes to ancillary personnel skills and development, attends educational offerings and in-services independently.
What You Need to Be Successful:
BSN preferred. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, with a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred; Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to compact state requirements outlined by the Maryland Board of Nursing. 2 years of Oncology experience a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The best part about living and working on the Eastern Shore of Maryland is definitely just the experience. It's a unique culture that we have here. People from Maryland are so full of pride for where they're from, especially if you're from the Eastern Shore. We love our Old Bay and our blue crabs and our Thrasher's French Fries down at the beach. And, you know, all of the foods that are unique to Maryland. We have tons of recreation, lots of water activities, tons of history and museums to explore. It's just such a unique culture. I've been able to travel all throughout the United States and different countries in the world but there is no place like the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW