Registered Nurse (RN) – PICU/CICU
Job ID: 93786
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: or rotating
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse – PICU/CICU
Full-time – Night Shift
The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is the flagship academic medical center at the heart of UMMS and includes the 789-bed downtown Baltimore campus and the 177-bed midtown campus one mile north. The medical staff comprises nearly 1,200 attending physicians who are faculty members at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, as well as 900 residents and fellows in all medical specialties.
UMMC is home to the Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center and The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, the highest-volume trauma center in the United States.
UMMC was established in 1823 in partnership with the first public medical school in the nation. Today, as then, all attending physicians at UMMC are faculty members at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with a nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing education program approved by the Board of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland.
- BLS certification
- 1-2 years of experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What brings me joy in my role? It's 'cause I've got the satisfaction of coming to work every day with a sense of purpose and the belief that I can make a difference in the lives of those that we serve. I work with individuals with mental illnesses in Baltimore City, and that's been the driving force of my whole career. And it's just fantastic to be able to realize that in my job every day, and being in a managerial role in psychiatric rehabilitation, it gives me the opportunity to help, to impact people on a much larger scale than I could if I was an individual clinician just working with one person at a time. So I guess, not everybody can go through life feeling like, hey, my job makes a difference, so that's a wonderful thing.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW