Registered Nurse (RN) – PACU
Job ID: 89179
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 12 hour shifts M-F
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) – North PACU (Prep & Recovery)
Full-Time/Day (M-F 12 and 10-hour Staggered Shifts)
University of MD Medical Center – PACU Combine Services of Endo & Surgical Care Prep and Recovery Unit are seeking RNs with ICU and PACU critical care experience to support both Pediatric and Adult patients. The following clinical skills required:
- Specializing in Prep and Recovery starting with phase one recovery care.
- Endo Surgical Care – Pre-procedure & Post Anesthesia Care
- Surgical Care – Prep & Recovery
This unit was developed as a satellite extension to the Endoscopy procedural unit, combining the services of the OR PACU staff for the pre-procedural and post-anesthesia care of the patient who may require anesthesia support for their Endoscopic or surgical procedural. The unit is currently in transition due to increased pediatric needs for surgery and recovery.
If you are interested in transiting from Adults to a position in Pediatric Nursing, PLEASE APPLY!!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to compact state requirements outlined by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- BSN preferred (Associates Nurses will be considered with 1+ years of experience).
- At least 1-2 years of preferred experience in ICU or PACU
- At least 1-2 years of experience with Adults and/or Pediatric in an inpatient facility, outpatient surgical office, or other environment performing surgical services to patients.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hi, I've been an RN at the University of Maryland Medical Center for over 30 years. I love the energy and diversity that the Medical Center offers. There's also a wide spectrum of opportunities to keep you professionally challenged and motivated.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW