Registered Nurse (RN) – OR
Job ID: 93028
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, 11a-11p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) – Operating Room
Full-Time – Evening Shift (Hours: 11a-11p)
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world-class 800-bed, Magnet-designated Academic Medical Center with comprehensive and technologically advanced surgical suites.
We are looking for an Experienced OR Circulating/Scrub Registered Nurse to join our perioperative nursing team here at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
General OR – performs surgeries on patients ranging in age from neonatal to geriatric for both inpatient and outpatient procedures.
— Transplant (Heart, Lung, Liver, Kidney, Pancreas, Face & Limb) — Cardiac — Robotic — Oncology — Vascular — Plastic & Reconstructive — Thoracic — GI — Orthopedic and more!
Our General Operating Room is a 52,000 square foot operating facility comprised of 22 operating rooms for adult and pediatric patients, and two additional minor procedure rooms.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement Model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans, and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at the University Of Maryland School Of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing education program approved by the Board of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland.
- Experience as a Circulating or Scrub OR Nurse in an inpatient facility, outpatient surgical office, or other environment performing surgical services to patients. CNOR preferred.
- Experienced as a Labor & Delivery Nurse with C-Section Surgical experience or scrub, please apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
My days as a critical care transport and rapid response nurse are never the same. I have to be adaptable to changing patient circumstances and staff concerns. Practicing in an academic tertiary care center, there are always new innovations and practice changes. I always feel challenged to keep current on best practice and to provide the very best care to my patients and to help educate other staff. As a consult service, we work with the patient's primary care team in creating a plan to support changing patient conditions without judgment or blame. No matter what the concern, we thank the staff for calling us and we let them know that we are here for them 24/7.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW