Registered Nurse (RN) – OR
Job ID: 87769
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Towson,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F 7a-530p (10 hrs. Shift)
Job Facility: UM St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) – Operating Room
FT – Rotating – (7am -530p /10hr shifts)
The University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC) in Towson, MD, seeks an OR RN to join the Surgical Team.
SJMC is a top surgical facility, where more than 18,000 inpatient and outpatient procedures are performed annually. The surgical staff is comprised of nearly 300 surgeons and 30 anesthesiologists. RNs, technicians, and administrative staff care for patient needs with competence, compassion, and respect.
Surgical Specialties: Cardiac; ENT; General, Gynecologic, Liver & Pancreas, Minimally Invasive; Neurosurgery; Orthopaedic, Plastic, Thoracic; Urologic; Vascular.
The RN for the General OR is responsible for patient care in collaboration with interdisciplinary health care providers to assess, plan, intervene, evaluate, and document care in an individualized and age-appropriate manner, promoting patient safety and healing and according to hospital policy.
When you come to the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224- bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
As a Registered Nurse at UM-St. Joseph, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package includes health, vision, and dental coverage, including prescription drug coverage, tax–free savings plans, tuition reimbursement, and more!
- Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
- Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
- On-Site Daycare
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland or eligible to practice under a compact license;
- BSN preferred (Associates Nurses with at least 1+ years of experience);
- All applicants must have at least 1-2 yrs. preferred experience as a Circulator or Scrub Nurse in an inpatient or outpatient facility.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW