Registered Nurse (RN) – Operating Room
Job ID: 82597
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Glen Burnie,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, 11a-730p
Job Facility: UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse – Operating Room
FT – Day/Evening (M-F, 11a-730p)
Glen Burnie, Maryland
University of Maryland Baltimore Medical Center (UM BWMC) is looking for an experienced Circulating Registered Nurse (RN) to join our talented OR team and experience the highest level of appreciation at UM BWMC — named Top Workplace in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun in 2019.
The General Operating room has 16 OR suite and 2 Endovascular suites. Endoscopy has 3 procedure rooms. These units provide 24 hours/7 days a week service for those patients needing surgical intervention. Approximately 33 cases per day on weekdays and 7 cases on weekends are performed in the General Operating Rooms/Endovascular Suite. In the Endoscopy Department, approximately 10 cases are done on average per day during the week and 4 cases are done on average over the weekend.
Types and Ages of Patients
These units provide emergent, urgent, restorative, elective, and preventative types of procedures. Patients may be admitted as an inpatient or on an ambulatory status. The age range of patients varies from infants through geriatric aged patients. Care for each patient is individualized, and is based upon his or her unique status and needs following a standard assessment guideline.
Scope and Complexity of Patient Care
Patient care needs range from complex medical and physical problems to patients without limitations. All patients receive quality care provided with dignity, privacy, and confidentiality. Broad ranges of surgical specialties are provided. These specialties include:
- Endovascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Oral Maxillofacial/Dental
- Robotic Surgery
At the UM BWMC, our registered nurses have earned the highest level of respect as a critical factor in our success— and that of our patients. As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence® designated hospitals in Maryland. UM BWMC features one of the state’s busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another.
As a Registered Nurse at UM BWMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
- Work-Life Balance: You’ll accrue annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability, and an employee assistance program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland or eligible to practice under a compact license.
- BSN preferred (Associates Nurses will be considered with 1+ years of experience);
- Must have at least 1-2 years of experience as a Circulator or Scrub OR Nurse in an inpatient, outpatient surgical office, or other environment performing surgical services to patients.
- BLS certification; CNOR preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on