Providence Health has two campus locations. Providence Health's main campus is located in the heart of downtown Columbia. The 258-bed hospital is best known for its expertise in cardiac care and serves as a nationally-recognized referral center for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Located near Highway 77 in Northeast Columbia, Providence Health Northeast, is a 74-bed full-service hospital with special focus on neurosurgery, orthopedic care, and emergency services. For more information on Providence Health please visit:
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health is currently looking for an experienced RN to join our Surgical Telemetry team at our Downtown Campus. This is a night shift position.
- Assesses patient's status within identified functional health patterns, ie management of health, growth and development, oxygenation, activity, etc.
- Assesses family status as it impacts the patient.
- Identifies, based on assessment data, appropriate nursing diagnosis or collaborative problems which can be addressed through nursing interventions. Makes nursing judgments based on findings
- Identifies learning needs through assessment of patient knowledge. Plans and coordinates teaching methods and content to achieve desired outcomes.
- Plans care collaboratively with family/patient, physicians and other health care team members. Prioritizes and delegates to health care team appropriately.
- Initiates an individualized nursing care plan and evaluates variances to expected course.
- Interprets clinical findings and correlates with patient's condition. Identifies patient/family responses to treatment and continually evaluates effectiveness of care.
- Revises the care plan based on evaluation of effectiveness in achieving outcomes.
- Coordinates and assures completion of care as ordered by physicians and as planned in the nursing care plan.
- Assumes responsibility/accountability for the plan of care.
- Consults with physicians regularly regarding patient progress. Collaborates with the medical staff regarding appropriateness of daily and routine orders based on change in the patient's status.
- Facilitates the smooth transition of care when a patient is transferred to another unit/facility.
- Is knowledgeable of patient's status during entire length of stay on the patient care unit/or service line.
- Demonstrates responsibility for achievement of identified patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment for the patient populations admitted to the patient care unit/service line.
- Demonstrates clinical skills necessary to support and assist attending and consulting physicians.
- Demonstrates knowledge of events, activities and changes in policies and procedures affecting practice.
- Ensures that care is delivered to assigned patients in accordance with medical orders and nursing standards and is documented in clinical records and on plans of care.
Prior experience and knowledge as a floor nurse preferred.
1 year of experience required.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. AssociateDegree in Nursing, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
Currentlicense as a Registered Nurse from S.C.
Current BLS uponhire with American Heart Association.
ACLSrequired within 90 days of hire or unit transfer.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.