Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg Oncology
Job ID: 80640
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Glen Burnie,MD US
Hours of Work: 8p-8:30a
Job Facility: UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:Registered Nurse (RN) – Med Surg Oncology
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center – Glen Burnie, Maryland
Full-Time – Night ShiftThe Power of Caring
Within all of us there is untold power. An unstoppable strength. A desire to do more.
Join our talented team of Registered Nurses and experience the highest level of appreciation at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center — named Top Workplace in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun two years in a row (2019 & 2020); Top Workplace in the USA for 2021!
At University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, our registered nurses have earned the highest level of respect as a critical factor in our success— and that of our patients. As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence® designated hospitals in Maryland. UM BWMC features one of the state’s busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another.
Click HERE to meet our Chief Nursing Officer and learn more about nursing at UM BWMC.
As a Registered Nurse at UM BWMC, you’ll experience:
- An organization that supports, recognizes and invests in their nurses.
- Our Professional Advancement Model (PAM) designed to recognize and reward nurses based on their professional contributions to advancing the practice and profession of nursing.
- An environment of excellence focused on quality and interprofessional collaboration.
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
- 6 South is a 24-bed acute medical/surgical unit with all private rooms.
- Patients accepted to 6 South are from all areas of the hospital, including the Emergency Department, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). Patients may also be received directly from provider’s offices as direct admissions or transferred from other facilities. The unit provides 24-hour nursing care to a diverse patient population.
- The patients on 6 South undergo a variety of treatments that may include chemotherapy administration, surgeries, radiology, interventional radiology, endovascular procedures, laboratory studies, cardiac monitoring, hemodynamic monitoring, fluid and electrolyte replacement.
- The multidisciplinary team continually evaluates the patient’s condition to determine the need for discharge or inpatient admission.
For immediate consideration please email an updated resume to Hayley.Valestin@umm.edu or click here to schedule a call with me!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing education program approved by the Board of Nursing or found by the Board to be substantially equivalent to the programs in Maryland.
- Registered Nurse with more than (>) 12 months of nursing experience.
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland.
- Successful completion of a refresher course within past 6 months if nursing practice has not occurred within the past 5 years.
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required upon hire
- Must meet all unit specific certification requirements: (PALS, ACLS, NRP)
- Maintains all New Graduate Registered Nurse core expectations
- Ability to learn and use computer systems in order to manage patient information
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I believe the respiratory therapists within our hospital are very well-respected, and we tend to be valued as a team member when coming to patient care. We work very well with our multi-disciplinary staffing to make sure we come up with the best care for our patients, and our opinions actually matter and they're valued. And you would see that a lot of our physicians and nurses will come to us for recommendations, and we work very well for an overall plan. So this is something that's great for our community.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW