Registered Nurse (RN) – Labor and Delivery
Job ID: 94687
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 12 hour shifts
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse – L&D
Full-time – Night Shift
The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is the flagship academic medical center at the heart of UMMS and includes the 789-bed downtown Baltimore campus and the 177-bed midtown campus one mile north. The medical staff comprises nearly 1,200 attending physicians who are faculty members at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, as well as 900 residents and fellows in all medical specialties.
UMMC is home to the Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center and The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, the highest-volume trauma center in the United States.
UMMC was established in 1823 in partnership with the first public medical school in the nation. Today, as then, all attending physicians at UMMC are faculty members at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with a nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing education program approved by the Board of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland.
- BLS certification
- 1-2 years of experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pride encapsulates the journey in my life to where I am today. I'm a confident gay man, a proud father of three kids, and a happily married husband. I'm also one that believes my whole self is a unique creation of God. In my lifetime, we've had to fight for the right to marry who we love. We've had to fight for the right to be parents and adopt children. We've come a long way in the journey towards justice and equality, but Pride reminds me there's many more steps on the path. Right now Pride reminds me, especially in this time, of our trans brothers and sisters' fight. Right now they're encountering great struggles, and we must march together because we're more powerful together than are we are as one. Lastly, Pride reminds me that of all the struggles that we can overcome today, that's one less struggle that my kids will have to deal with in their lifetime.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW