Registered Nurse (RN) – Geriatric Psychiatry
Job ID: 85300
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 7 AM- 7 PM
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:Registered Nurse (RN) – Geriatric Psychiatry
Full-Time – Day Shift
Baltimore, MarylandCome elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center with a comprehensive and technologically advanced surgical suites.
We are looking for talented Geriatric Inpatient Psychiatry Registered Nurses to join our nursing team here at University of Maryland Medical Center.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with a nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses at UMMC who have greater than 12 months experience. This nurse will be competent in the skills/knowledge required and fully participate in unit governance. He/she will practice and adhere to the guidelines specified in the UMMC Professional Nurse Job Charter. Independently provides and coordinates care provided to patients within a clinical specialty. Serves as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team. Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in both care provided and in participation in development of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction with service and cost effectiveness at the unit level. Is accountable to patients and families for the processes and outcomes of care during an episode of care. Is accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, with a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred;
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to compact state requirements outlined by the Maryland Board of Nursing
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on