Registered Nurse (RN) – Employee Health – PT
Job ID: 86718
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: Weekdays, 7a-4p
Job Facility: UMMC Midtown Campus
Employment Type: Part Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) – Employee Health – PT
Part Time (0.6 fte) — Day Shift (7am-4pm)
We are seeking candidates for a Registered Nurse (RN) — Employee Health – PT role to join our nursing team at University of Maryland Medical Center, Midtown Campus.
University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System.
When you join our team, you’ll become a part of a close-knit group of more than 1,000 staff members who provide care in 30+ specialties. Our team is focused on delivering the best care possible to every patient and to supporting each other.
Responsible for assisting in the daily and annual planning, development, implementation and evaluation of activities and services relating to Employee Health while utilizing the Nursing Process in providing Nursing Care to client population. Provides high quality and cost effective occupational health services to UMMC Midtown employees, volunteers, and physicians.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
- Maintains an appropriate and complete Employee Health file for each UMMC Midtown employee, and assures records remain confidential. Keeps all records and logs accurately and in accordance with National and State NIOH, OSHA, and Health Department regulations.
- Completes pre-employment screening process for hew hire candidates.
- Provides assessment and follow-up of employee occupational blood borne pathogen exposures.
- Maintains employee event report files.
- Responsive to employee needs by serving on appropriate employee health-related teams monthly.
- Coordinates employee’s ability to return to work from a leave of absence in collaboration with their health care provider.
- Competently administers Tuberculin Skin Testing (TST), fit testing and appropriate vaccines, guided by applicable policies. Assists with monthly reporting of compliance; follow-up with management to ensure compliance.
- Assess employees who become ill or who are injured at work and assists in making appropriate referral and follow-up with personal physician or Emergency Department, as necessary. Appropriately recognizes when employee needs are beyond the skill of the EH Department and assists with appropriate referral.
- Provides education/training to UMMC Midtown employees as needed regarding EH, employee wellness, and safety issues.
- Adheres to OSHA’s guidelines and University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus’s Exposure Control Plan (AD.IP.125)
- Assists in the development & coordination of Employee Health proactive guidelines for EH standards. Follows established safety precautions and procedures in performance of all duties to ensure a safe environment.
- Demonstrates efficient utilization of products, supplies, equipment, and time to promote financial viability through provision of services at a reasonable cost.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC Midtown Campus, you’ll experience:
- A competitive pay scale
- A collaborative and compassionate environment
- A comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision coverage
- Vacation time + sick time + personal days, tuition reimbursement, retirement contributions and more!
When we say “our community” we mean it.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Requires a graduate from an accredited school of nursing as an RN.
- BSN Preferred
- Requires license in the state of Maryland of practice as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- BCLS Certification is required.
- Two years of relevant experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels hospital staff, patients, visitors, and levels of staff.
- Computer knowledge sufficient to meet the needs of the EH Department is required; proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred. Proficiency with Lawson HRIS after experience with usage is expected
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on