Registered Nurse (RN) – Ambulatory Surgery
Job ID: 93522
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 6am-630pm
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) – Ambulatory Surgery Care Unit (ASCU)
Full-Time – Day Shift (Hours: 6 am-6:30 pm)
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world-class 800-bed, Magnet-designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking RN with same-day surgery and medical procedure experience for our patients at the Ambulatory Surgery Care Unit (ASCU). The nursing and support staff draws from their emergency medicine and critical care knowledge and expertise to provide quality care to patients recovering from same-day surgery and medical procedures that include:
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- Cataract Surgery
- Dialysis/Vascular Access
- Fracture Repairs (knee, hand, shoulder)
- Glaucoma Surgery
- GYN Oncology Surgery
- Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pain Procedures
- Rotator Cuff Surgery
- Strabismus Surgery
About the Unit
The Ambulatory Surgery Care Unit (ASCU) provides pre-procedures care for outpatients, extended recovery patients, and same-day admissions. Post-operative care is also provided for same-day surgery and extended care recovery patients. The care provided supports the general and trauma operating rooms and a wide variety of surgical services.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement Model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans, and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland or eligible to practice under a compact license.
- Associates Degree with 2+ years of experience in critical care; BSN preferred
- All Applicants must have 1-2 years of experience in ICU; stepdown or ED an inpatient facility, outpatient surgical office, or other environment performing surgical services to patients.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
My days as a critical care transport and rapid response nurse are never the same. I have to be adaptable to changing patient circumstances and staff concerns. Practicing in an academic tertiary care center, there are always new innovations and practice changes. I always feel challenged to keep current on best practice and to provide the very best care to my patients and to help educate other staff. As a consult service, we work with the patient's primary care team in creating a plan to support changing patient conditions without judgment or blame. No matter what the concern, we thank the staff for calling us and we let them know that we are here for them 24/7.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW