REGISTERED NURSE RESIDENT - 3 MEDICAL
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and challenging nursing position, you'll work with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for our patients in a Magnet®-designated hospital. You’ll be at the heart of our patient-centered care, valued for your compassion as you continually strive to improve the patient experience. With clear communication and dedication to building relationships that promote a collaborative environment, you’ll be accountable for your performance and empowered to take initiative for your professional growth — while being engaged and eager to build a winning team.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- Current license to practice professional nursing in Texas or eligibility to do so
- No work experience.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
Residents are required to attend ALL classes and be able to follow the schedule of their assigned preceptors throughout the entire clinical rotation of the residency program. A full-time, 36 hours per week schedule must be maintained throughout the first year of the residency program. Time off requests during the precepted portion of the residency may not be granted.
Additional Information: Methodist Richardson Medical Center is a 284-bed, full-service hospital that serves Richardson, Garland, Plano, and the surrounding areas in Dallas and Collin counties. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence, it was the first healthcare facility to earn the Texas Award for Performance Excellence, patterned after the renowned Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. We also provide care at Methodist Richardson Medical Center – Campus for Continuing Care, which offers a behavioral health and addiction recovery unit, inpatient rehabilitation and long-term acute care, a full-service emergency department, and more. Methodist Richardson strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- First in the nation to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Pancreatic/Hepatic/Biliary Cancer Certification
- ANCC Pathway to Excellence® Program
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association
- American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Gold Plus, 2019
- Certified Quality Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Robotic da Vinci® Surgical System for minimally invasive procedures
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist