Registered Nurse Oncology
Novant Health is seeking an Oncology Registered Nurse to serve as a leader of the healthcare team by establishing an authentic personalized relationship with the patient and their support system. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High School or GED required. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. If your RN nursing license has been inactive, retired or lapsed for five years or more and you have not been licensed in another state during the last five years, successful completion of a Board approved refresher course is required prior to reactivating or reinstating your license. In order to be considered for current licensure status, you must apply for reinstatement within one year of completing the refresher course. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of one to two years nursing experience, preferably in an oncology environment required.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RN Licensure in appropriate state required. Advanced certifications as required per facility required. Oncology Nursing Certification (OCN) within 30 months of employment with signed OCN education agreement required.
- Additional Skills Required: Demonstrates awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care. Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possesses knowledge of NMG/FMC policies/standards. Demonstrates self-directed learning through completion of any orientation requirements, nursing certification/updates and continuing education programs. Possesses clinical assessment skills relative to the hematology or oncology patient/family. Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health