Registered Nurse - Mother/Baby
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Registered Nurse-Wage Payroll assigned to the Mother/Baby unit fulfills the essential functions of an RN-OB and may rotate to the RN-Labor & Delivery, RN-Pediatric, or the RN-Nursery role depending on his/her personal training, licensure and certification. For the position summary, please refer to the job description coinciding with the nurse's personal training, licensure and certification.
1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
1) Previous RN experience preferred.
2) Charge qualified preferred.
3) Experience in antepartal, neonatal, obstetrical and/or pediatric nursing preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
2) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
3) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
4) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
5) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) Relevant certification preferred upon hire. See the Registered Nurse addendum for each specific unit.
4) For additional certification requirements, please refer to the RN-Labor & Delivery, RN-Pediatric, or the RN-Nursery job description coinciding with the nurse's personal training, licensure and certification.