Registered Nurse - Med / Tele
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
*External offers made for this position between March 1st, 2021 and July 1st, 2021 are eligible to receive up to a $10,000 Sign-On Bonus.*
*This position qualifies for the Mount Nittany Health Employee Referral incentive as per policy 6063*
Responsible to the Unit Director/Manager for the overall nursing practice of the unit during the shift assigned. In the absence of the Unit Director/Manager, the RN is responsible to the Clinical Supervisor, Charge Nurse or the Clinical Coordinator of the shift. Provides professional nursing care based on current nursing knowledge through use of the nursing process. This includes the responsibility for assessment of the patient's needs, development of the plan of care to meet those needs, implementation of nursing measures and evaluation of the effectiveness of the nursing care and other treatment measures.
1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
2) Completes the AACN Basic ECG Interpretation course within four months of hire/transfer.
1) Previous RN experience preferred.
2) Charge qualified preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
2) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
3) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
4) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
5) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) Relevant certification preferred upon hire.
4) Within four months from the hire/transfer date, obtains National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification.