Registered Nurse - ICU
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Responsible to the Unit Director/Manager/designee for overall nursing practice. Provides professional nursing care to treat human responses to life-threatening problems, based on the American Association of Critical Care Nursing (AACN) Standards. This includes the responsibility for assessment of the patients’ needs, development of a plan of care, implementation of nursing measures and evaluation of the effectiveness of the nursing care and other treatments to protect, maintain, and restore health for the pediatric through geriatric age population. The Critical Care nurse recognizes cardiac arrhythmias and life-threatening emergency situations and takes appropriate action.
1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
2) Proof of successful completion of a course ECG and in Critical Care.
1) Previous RN experience preferred.
2) Previous experience in Critical Care.
3) Charge qualified preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
2) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
3) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
4) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
5) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) Relevant certification preferred upon hire.
4) Within four months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and renews ACLS every two years.
5) Within six months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and renews PALS every two years.
6) Within four months from the hire/transfer date, obtains National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification.
7) CCRN Certification preferred.