Registered Nurse - I.V. Team
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Responsible to the Manager of ASU/MTU & IV Team. Is responsible for the assessment of IV Therapy patients’ needs, development of the plan of care to meet those needs, implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of nursing care based on outcomes for the neonate through geriatric age patient and the family unit. Discusses patient dynamics with providers to advise on most appropriate line placement according to current practice standards.
NOTE: This position will be required to take call.
1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
2) Within the first year of hire/transfer, full-time and regular part-time Registered Nurses are required to complete the chemotherapy/biotherapy administration course thru the Oncology Nurses Society (ONS) and renew as required by ONS.
3) If there are no candidates who possess the preferred qualifications for the positions, the candidate will be considered and education/training will be provided.
4) Completes PICC online educational module within one year of hire.
5) Must be willing to be trained to place ultrasound guided peripheral IV access lines.
6) Remains current with vascular access and Infusion Nurses Society Standards (INS) standards.
1) Previous RN experience preferred.
2) Charge qualified preferred.
3) PICC experience preferred.
4) Prior vascular access experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Demonstrates the ability and ongoing competency to successfully perform advanced vascular access procedures.
2) Must take directions well and be able to strictly maintain sterile fields while placing intermediate and advance practice lines.
3) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
4) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
5) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
6) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
7) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) Relevant certification preferred upon hire.