Registered Nurse - Endoscopy Center
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Responsible to the Director, Surgical Services and Manager, Endoscopy and/or designee for overall nursing practice. Provides professional nursing care based on current perioperative nursing knowledge through the use of the Society of Gastroenterology Nurses & Associates standards. Care includes the use of the nursing process through assessment of the patient and pertinent health data, analysis of collected data based on perioperative nursing theory and experience, development of a plan of care to meet those needs, implementation of nursing interventions based on current practice standards and evaluation of patient care outcomes for the pediatric through geriatric age population.
1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
1) Previous RN experience preferred.
2) Charge qualified preferred.
3) Prior endoscopy experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Accepts responsibility and accountability for maintaining knowledge, skills and competency in endoscopic nursing, remaining current on concepts, trends, scientific advances, biomedical equipment and ethics related to endoscopy.
2) Ability to have an on call response time of 30 minutes.
3) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
4) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
5) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
6) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
7) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) After four months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and renews ACLS every two years.