Registered Nurse - Emergency Department - *Up to $10,000 sign on in Sylva, NC at Harris Regional Hospital
Date Posted: 10/25/2021
Harris Regional Hospital, established in 1925, is an 86-bed acute and specialty care facility serving a primary service area of the western North Carolina counties of Jackson, Swain, Graham, and Macon as well as parts of North Georgia. For more information on Harris Regional Hospital please visit: http://www.lifepointhealth.net/serving-communities/our-communities/harris-regional-hospital
Harris Regional Hospital
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus for RNs with at least 1 year experience. $7,500 sign-on for RNs with less than 1 year experience. (A 3-year commitment period is required. The Bonus payout occurs over the 2-year period.)
Provides direct patient care through utilization of the nursing process in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations. Maintains clinical competencies through continuing education. Delegates patient care priorities commensurate with the education and experience of other staff.
Responsible for coordinating the nursing care of patients presenting to the Emergency Department ranging in age from pediatric to geriatric, who may present at any point on the continuum from illness to wellness. Performs all aspects of direct patient care and works with other disciplines/ancillary services in the care they provide. Assists with orienting new employees and students as required.
1. Must have current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of North Carolina or from a compact state.
2. Current BLS maintained. Must be American Heart Association.
3. Current ACLS provider or obtain within 1 year of hire and maintain thereafter.
4. Current PALS /ENPC or obtain within 1 year of hire and maintain thereafter.
5. TNCC/BTLS/PHTLS certification is strongly encouraged, but not required
1. Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds.
2. Ability to see colors, see at least 1 mm squares.
3. Ability to hear and distinguish heart, lung, and bowel sounds.
4. Ability to reach overhead.
5. Ability to remain calm, continue to function effectively and develop priorities during stressful situations.
6. Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, leadership and others. Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment and follow-up.
7. Ability to use fine motor skills.
8. Ability to move and operate equipment and carry supplies.
9. Ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
10. Ability to remain focused and organized.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.