Registered Nurse, Cardiac Rehabilitation
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Integrates the role of nurse, exercise clinician, educator and consultant to accomplish the goals of Cardiac Rehabilitation. Responsibilities include initial and ongoing assessment of clients referred to the Cardiac Rehabilitation program, and planning, and implementation of a comprehensive rehabilitation program. The nurse participates in development of routine policies/procedures and monitors basic quality improvement activities including direct involvement in data collection.
1) Completion of a registered nurse degree program required.
1) Three (3) years experience in Critical Care nursing required.
2) Cardiac Rehab experience required.
3) Cardiac Cath Lab experience with PCI preferred.
4) Cardiopulmonary Lab experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Must have knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias and ischemic changes on EKG.
2) Must have understanding of cardiovascular heart disease (CHD) and pulmonary diseases and risk factor modification.
3) Must be willing to independently study the field of exercise physiology as it relates to the client population.
1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) After four months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and renews ACLS every two years.