Registered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Functions under the direct supervision of the Manager, Cardiology & Pulmonary Services and Nursing Supervisor, Cardiology. Performs all aspects of clinical support for diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular procedures. May assist with compilation and reporting of procedural information to benchmarking, regulatory, or accreditation agency(ies), as required. Participates with all team members to provide and achieve optimal patient outcome. Participates in on-call rotation for emergency cardiovascular procedures outside normal operating hours. Will be assigned to the Electrophysiology Suite. Will function as a Charge RN on a day-to-day rotational basis in the Cardiac Catheterization/ Electrophysiology Laboratory. Accepts assignment to Echo-Cardiology and maintains competencies for both departments.
1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required.
2) Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
1) Minimum of 3 years critical care nursing experience.
2) Cardiac Catheterization laboratory experience with percutaneous coronary intervention experience with in the last 5 years preferred.
3) Cardiology-Echo lab experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
2) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
3) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
4) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
5) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
6) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
7) See Registered Nurse Job description
1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) Within four months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and renews ACLS every two years.
4) Certified as a Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) is preferred.
Receives general supervision from Manager, Cardiology & Pulmonary Services and Nursing Supervisor, Cardiology.