Job ID: 79235
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 7:30a-4p
Job Facility: UMMC Midtown Campus
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Under general supervision independently provides medical nutrition therapy to adult inpatients in a community based clinical setting. Provides education, training, and expertise as a professional resource to members of the healthcare team, as well as dietetic interns, to advance their development in the field. Collaborates with members of the healthcare team and attends rounds. Uses own knowledge and skills to identify and re-evaluate nutrition risk throughout patients stay; independently performs the nutrition care process, including nutrition assessment, diagnosis, intervention, monitoring, and evaluation, specific to age and medical status. In collaboration with team, develops an interdisciplinary nutrition plan of care for patients at high risk, within a specialty population. This position may include occasional weekend and on call rotations.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics or related field is required.
- Registration by the American Dietetic Association (Commission on Dietetics Registration) is required.
- Current licensure in the state of Maryland as a Dietitian/Nutritionist is to be obtained within first 6 months of employment.
- Two years clinical experience is required as a Registered Dietitian at a hospital facility, preferred.
- Prior completion of a Specialty Fellowship Program or Active Specialty Certification: ACE, CNSD, CDE, CSR, CSP, CSO, IBCLC is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on