• RDA must have working knowledge and ability via valid certificate to perform RDA duties as allowed by California State law for Registered Dental Assistants. RDA is expected to perform responsibilities independently and to prioritize and organize work to ensure that all assigned duties are completed in a timely manner unless the duties assigned require direct supervision by a licensed dentist.
• RDA must have working knowledge of current dental terminology, materials, equipment and procedures related to dentistry. They must also have working knowledge of principles of 4-handed dentistry. Skill in assisting with oral and implant surgery and use of various implant systems.
• Working knowledge of sterilization techniques and skill in scrupulously following sterilization procedures.
• RDA must have ability to organize work and set priorities to reflect relative importance of job responsibility. They must also have the ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload due to staffing crisis.
• Ability to work with infectious disease patients, patients that are very ill due to Head and Neck cancer, and those who have special needs.
• Ability to recognize an emergency situation and respond appropriately.
• Ability to maintain consistent work schedule arriving on time as scheduled.
• Demonstrated knowledge of what constitutes confidential information and skill in maintaining confidentiality (HIPAA) with regard to sensitive patient, faculty, and staff information.
• Possession of California Radiology Certificate and ability to take radiographs.
• Possession of coronal polishing certificate and current CPR certificate.