REGISTERED BEHAVIOR HEALTH TECHNICIAN
Lakeview Center is best known for its caring, compassionate treatment for people with mental health issues, drug and alcohol dependencies, or intellectual disabilities. The breadth and depth of these services are the most comprehensive in the region. They range from inpatient and residential treatment to a gamut of outpatient programs including trauma services, psychiatry, counseling, day treatment, and intensive, round-the-clock outpatient services to help people with severe mental illnesses safely remain in the community. We reach people of all ages from babies and children to adolescents and adults. In all, we offer more than 60 programs and services for the people of Northwest Florida.
Autism Spectrum Disorder - Outpatient Services - Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapy. Autism Spectrum Disorder requires that we look through an individual lens at each child who comes through our high-level care program. We serve young people from ages 2 to 21. Our team meets families where they need us: in their homes, at community locations, in clinics or at schools.
A Registered Behavioral Health TM (RBT®) is a paraprofessional who practices under the close, ongoing supervision of a BCBA (BACB). The RBT is primarily responsible for the direct implementation of ABA services in the Autism Spectrum Disorder Outpatient Program. Direct and consistent supervision will be provided by the BCBA for the Registered Behavior Technician.
The Behavioral Health Technician is responsible for, but is not limited to:
- Establishing a positive helping relationship with persons receiving services.
- Assisting persons receiving services to complete activities of daily living, including accessing needed resources and building functional relationships with others.
- Ensuring the safety of the person receiving services.
- Implementing specific interventions according to the person’s treatment or service plan.
- Monitoring and documenting the person’s progress.
- All Behavioral Tech Positions Require A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Behavior Tech III Requirements: At least two years of experience working directly with seriously emotionally disturbed children or seriously mentally ill adults or completed two years (48 hours) of college classes or certified as a behavioral health technician or mental health professional.
- Certified as a registered behavioral health technician (RBT) or be eligible for certification through the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
- Must be able to provide individualized, integrated mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring services to meet the needs of individuals served and their families, as required.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have a valid Florida Drivers license.
- Must be insurable under Center’s automobile plan.
- Must be able to travel locally to person’s served homes, training locations and other locations as necessary.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedures of the agency and program.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with multidisciplinary staff.
- Ability to recognize signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Ability to effectively relate to a variety of individuals, including persons living with a mental illness and/or substance use disorder, persons with developmental disabilities, professional and support staff, and family members of persons served.
- Ability to problem solve and advocate for persons served.
- Ability to assist in maintaining a therapeutic milieu.
- Ability to provide client transportation in the absence of the facility transporter.
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED