Regional Vice President, Business, Illinois and Louisiana
Location Chicago, Illinois, United States of America Category Corporate Job Id R0019372
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Regional Vice President, Business (RVPB) will help ensure that the Core Model is being executed and that a growth strategy is in place for a city or geographic area. The role is responsible for moving Centers to the “Leading Status” by actively coaching, driving quality improvement initiatives, operational initiatives and revenue and cost optimization strategies. The expected center count or span of this role could be up to 10-15 if not more depending on the number of centers in “Leading Status.” Primary role is that of a coach to drive & improve culture, P&L performance and operational efficiency.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coaches and develops team; employs a “Servant Leadership” mindset.
- Drives optimal P&L performance and growth; ensures profitability.
- Owns and delivers recruiting, building and developing great talent; has a demonstrated talent mindset and ability to grow and develop talent.
- Develops strategic plans that drive overall growth in division.
- Upholds operational initiatives that enhance patient outcomes, improve VIP Service, improve core model execution, reduce hospital sick days and increase HRDD.
- Provides leadership and management in the delivery and achievement of the financial, strategic and operational goals for the division (up to 10-15 center dyads).
- Leads improvement in vitals and drives operations in each center to maximum outcomes.
- Works with dyad to ensure great partnership and leadership.
- Builds great culture at the center level; fosters great engagement and accountability.
- Leads discussions with the dyads on center performance; focuses on the needs of the center as a driver of interaction.
- Partners with senior management and other departments to build a comprehensive network strategy to support market growth in health plans and insurance services.
- Builds, refines and manages tiered network of preferred external specialists and facilities to form provider network.
- Develops and implement new payment methodologies and provider incentives; manages provider network costs, ensuring appropriate coverage and minimizing extra payment costs.
- Performs in-depth analyses on the market to identify current and future needs and current performance of provider network. Identifies ways that health plans provider network can be diversified to accommodate current and future client needs, improve quality and reduce costs of service.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High business acumen, insight and relationship skills with a keen understanding of business controls and operations
- Acuteness to establish rapport and gain the trust of others with a balance of EQ and IQ
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively influence colleagues and leadership around sound business objectives
- Keen problem-solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge and implementation of regulatory requirements and laws that govern clinic activities
- Superior knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Proven and effective leadership, motivational, time management, decision-making, performance management, coaching, developmental, project management, financial planning, process improvement and strategic planning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, database, and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 50% of the time with frequent overnight travel
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Health Administration, Business Economics or a closely related field; additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
- MBA or Master’s degree in Healthcare or Public Administration or a related discipline preferred
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ related work experience in an operational effectiveness/ efficiency position with progressive advancement to a leadership role required; hospital, medical clinic or a similar healthcare environment experience highly desired
- Experience to include a minimum of ten (10) years’ direct managerial experience with full profit and loss responsibility for a minimum of 50 million dollar business
- Experience managing a diverse group of expert and experienced professionals, including functional directors strongly desired
The Regional Vice President, Business (RVPB) will help ensure that the Core Model is being executed and that a growth strategy is in place for a city or geographic area. The role is responsible for moving Centers to the “Leading Status” by actively coaching, driving quality improvement initiatives, operational initiatives and revenue and cost optimization strategies. The expected center count or span of this role could be up to 10-15 if not more depending on the number of centers in “Leading Status.” Primary role is that of a coach to drive & improve culture, P&L performance and operational efficiency.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director