Regional Medical Director-Critical Care
Regional Medical Director - Critical Care
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest – ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com!
About the job:
The Regional Director of Critical Care shall be clinically responsible for the quality of intensive care services within Mount Carmel Health System, and administratively responsible for the Intensivist Program within Mount Carmel Health System. The Medical Director shall coordinate all activities relating to intensivist services, assign all cases or direct their assignment, resolve scheduling problems, and monitor and lead improvement of the safety and quality of intensive care services at the Hospital.
What we're looking for:
- Current valid license to practice medicine in State of Ohio; certification in Critical Care and meets credentialing requirement for physicians on staff at Mount Carmel hospitals.
- On basis of training, experience and interest, is knowledgeable about Critical Care medicine with at least 5-7 years experience in an area of Critical Care.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Effective mentoring skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Critical Care and is able to teach principles of Critical Care formally and informally. Is an integral member of MCHS medical staff – demonstrates ability to interact with peer physicians and model appropriate Critical Care medicine
- Absence of criminal record.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Email this job
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up and receive similar job alerts to your email
Enter Email address